May 29, 2007

Arab anger misdirected


Tony Blair

Below (in blue) is an excerpt from a Daily Telegraph article
by Tony Blair. May 29, 2007

I was stopped by someone the other week who said
it was not surprising there was so much terrorism
in the world when we invaded their countries
(meaning Afghanistan and Iraq). No wonder Muslims
felt angry.

I said to him: tell me exactly what they feel angry
about. We remove two utterly brutal and dictatorial
regimes; we replace them with a UN-supervised
democratic process.

And the only reason it is difficult still is because
other Muslims are using terrorism to try to destroy
the fledgling democracy and, in doing so, are killing
fellow Muslims.

Why aren't they angry about the people doing the
killing? The odd thing about the conversation is
I could tell it was the first time he'd heard this argument.

=========

Meanwhile, the children are programmed

No comments:

Archive

My photo
Email: mu99ins@fastmail.fm